The glass jars in my recycling bin keep finding their way down to my studio. I am trying to slowly reorganize and glass containers are great because I can see what's in them and also they're free! But kind of boring...
Here's what I did with a larger jar. It had no lid- I don't know where this came from. I thought it was a good size for a vase. All I did was add a 12" piece of pretty packing tape around the circumference of the jar. I thought about adding ribbon but then I won't be able to send it through the dishwasher. So this is how it will stay!
The only flowers I have blooming right now are daffodils but there aren't that many (in fact I just went out to pick some and saw that my zealous husband had just mowed them in a fit of spring fever! I will not repeat what I may have said. Don't worry- he didn't hear because he had returned to the mowing). So I picked the few remaining daffodils and some pretty forsythia and greens.
I used the lid of a to-go cup from Subway to support the stems (daffodils are so floppy!). Using a Crop-a-dile and awl, I punched some holes to stick the stems in and there you have it- a pretty spring bouquet!