Grafix Rub-Onz film probably a year ago and decided it was high time to use it. I laid a nameplate out in Illustrator using the Duetica Piper font. Duetica is a cool on-line lettering system that you can subscribe to. The software allows you to test out many versions of each letter so you can customize the word or phrase to look just how you want it. When we were working on Jess's wedding invitations, this was one of the fonts that she liked so I used it here. The red, white and blue color theme reflects her job- she's a LTJG in the Coast Guard.
access to Duetica fonts
Sizzix Big Shot die cut machine
ScoreBoard Notebook Pocket die (on sale for $15.99!)
3 sheets of 6" x 13" matboard
red half pearls
3 tags- 6 1/4" x 3 1/8"
embossing folders (I've used one of my brand new sets coming out in December)
Distress ink pad- Lipstick
- Cut out three Notebook Pocket dies from the red, white and blue matboard pieces in the Big Shot machine. Assemble each box.
- Lay out a background design in your photo-editing software. Import the text you have selected from the Duetica site and insert in the design.
- Following directions, print label (or desired graphic) on Rub Onz film. You will have to print in mirror image mode for designs with text.
- Rub image onto box! It worked- so cool!
- Stack three boxes together. Run a line of double sided tape down the back of the ribbon, then wrap around the bottom of the stack of boxes, keeping them even. Wrap a strip of kraft paper around the top and tape in place.
- Sew a paper ruffle on your sewing machine. Crumple and adhere to the kraft paper strip.
- Slip a paper handle down each side and fold up. Adhere to strip. Cover strip with adhesive backed ribbon
- Add adhesive pearls to finish off!
- Emboss bottom of tag using Textured Impressions borders. Score at 1 3/4" from bottom.
- Run thin line of double sided tape down both sides of the shorter flap. Fold up to make a pocket.
- Rub ink over embossed sentiment with stencil brush.
- Add ribbon to top of tag.
- Insert gift card tag in each box.